Sunday 2 September 2012

Blast from the past!

A few weeks ago my brother Frank cleared out his 3 bedroomed house, as he had sold it and was moving into a smaller one bed place.  It stands to reason that a lot of "stuff" had to go, and as I was helping with the removal I was on hand to say "don't throw that away, I can use that".  I'm one for reusing, recycling and upcyling where possible.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, Frank was on the verge of getting rid of some old Beano and Dandy comic books that he had kept for years, so you can guess who claimed them!!!

At the moment I am into making bags. Tote bags in particular at this time, and I got to thinking how I could incorporate the comics books into the bags.

The result is this







An original Mothership Makes (a division of Decima Designs) tote with a pvc covered panel holding a page from a 1992 Beano comic book.  I think it looks pretty good!  On sale soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment